The official news source of Topeka High

The Tower

The End of the World? #FakeNews

Cameron Burnett, Reporter

According to research scientist David Meade, the world is ending (and I still haven’t finished the last season of Parks and Rec  yet).

David Meade is a Christian numerologist who made a claim that the world will end in destruction this Sunday when it collides with the so-called dwarf planet Nibiru (what a cute name for the planet who will consequently annihilate all of us).

Also referred to as “Planet X,” Nibiru is a massive planet outside of our solar system hurling towards us at an extreme rate and will cause destruction to not only our planet, but those within the Milky Way Galaxy.

According to a team of paranormal researchers, Nibiru is so massive that it counters the gravitational pull of the sun.

So, where did Meade get this theory and is it true?

If you remember from August of last year, Meade made a claim that the world would end the same way on August 21 of 2016. However, this time around, Meade has religious symbols from the Bible and the recent solar eclipse to back up his claim.

Meade explains that in the book of Revelation in the Bible, it states that “A great sign appeared in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun with the moon under her feet and a crown of 12 stars on her head. And being with child, she cried out in her travail and was in anguish of delivery.” In this case, our “great sign” is the recent solar eclipse the Earth experienced last month on August 21.

Exactly 33 days after the eclipse, on September 23, this dramatic Armageddon will occur. In fact, the number 33 is significant to Meade’s theory. Firstly, it was the age Jesus was when he was crucified. The eclipse we saw featured a “black moon” which occurs once every 33 years and it [the eclipse] was the first of it’s kind in — wait for it — 33 years. Meade stated in a recent interview that 33 times 3 (the 3 events multiplied by the 33 years in each event) comes out to 666.

No need to fear, though. You can still arrive to school on Monday morning and retake that AP Calc test you didn’t do so hot on. According to NASA, if Planet X were in existence, someone would’ve caught it by now.

Although an apocalypse may sound appealing to those already struggling with classes this early in the year, enjoy the rest of Homecoming Week and spend time studying instead of preparing for doomsday.