Trojan Time is waste of students’ time

Trojan Time is a once a week class period designed to function as a study hall for students trying to work on assignments for other classes. There has been an increase in students skipping Trojan Time over the last few years which has led to the consideration of dropping the class as a whole.

In lieu of the study hall which is frequently being used as a period for assemblies and activities which ultimately distract and waste students’ time, the class period would go away altogether and on Wednesdays there would be a late start with an early release.

At this point it seems as if the solid majority of the student body would prefer a schedule which includes either a late start or an early release instead of being forced to stay in school for an extra 90 minutes.

Getting out of school early enables students to go home and use the extra free time for assignments without the distractions Trojan Time generally provides. If there is a late start on the days which formerly included Trojan Time, students would be able to sleep in at least once a week which would certainly be much appreciated.

If Trojan Time ends up staying in the schedule for next year and beyond there should be some changes so students get some benefit out of it. The number of assemblies and activities which restrict students from going to other classes to work on missing assignments or retake tests is too high.

Ultimately Trojan Time is seen by many as a waste of time and if there is something more productive to teachers and students which can replace those 90 minutes there is no reason to keep it in the schedule.