Is cheating getting worse in schools?

A recent study shows that more students are cheating. They cheat not to survive but to thrive.

People cheat all the time, but in schools people cheat so they can get good grades and not disappoint people.

Over the years students are cheating because it is getting easier and more tolerable. Parents and school have failed to give a strong message about what is allowed and what is prohibited. Donald L. McCabe, a professor and leading researcher on cheating, said kids on the top cheat not to survive but to thrive. Most students who cheat are manly unclear about plagiarism and cheating.

There are more people cheating now than ever. They can cheat easier because of technology and social media it is easier to share stuff. When students say they don’t know what plagiarism is, most the time they are lying so they don’t get caught. Some students cheat because of the overload of work,  not because they are lazy. The kids that do cheat normally do it for a few extra points on a quiz or test.

Kids think that if they cheat the can get accepted into good schools because they have to have good grades. What ends up happening is that when they get accepted they ether get busted or they don’t know anything and resort to cheating even more. The reason students and adults cheat on things is because their mind thinks that it is a good thing. It takes a lot more time to get rid of the habit of cheating then to start cheating.

People who cheat are normal people who think that they won’t get anywhere in life. So by cheating students think they accomplished something. They have something to fall back on if they don’t have the answer, so they cheat and get it right. Once they get caught, students get embarrassed and ashamed of what they did- but they will do it again.

If students cheat it will start wiring their brain to think lying is a good thing. When they start to lie they can’t stop so they lie about everything. Students lie to their parents if they ask them a serious question. When students get older they could lie to their family and teach their kids that it is fine to cheat and lie.

Students admit that they might have cheated but they say it was a good thing. Students say if they haven’t cheated they would be in a horrible job and not get enough money. Cheating has changed their lives and it will help them.

The public schools should start teaching in grade school that cheating is bad. If schools had taught students early and were more strict about cheating, it might go down a little. If the cheating went down, it would be easier to learn since students would not be focused on getting caught and get in trouble.