Meet the homecoming candidates

mumford

Erin Mumford has been involved in Student Government, Mu Alpha Theta, NHS (National Honor Society), NEHS (National English Honors Society), Growing Ground Club, SRO, girls swim for one year and step team for a year. Mumford’s favorite moment at the school is after football games when the students are singing the school song together, “Seeing everyone sing the school song and unite, everyone is showing their trojan pride.”

myrick

Alyanna Myrick has been involved in cheerleading, step team, link crew and SRO. Myricks favorite memories at the school are running of the halls and her very first winter formal dance.

fiander

Ruth Fiander has been involved in Student Government, NHS, NEHS, Mu Alpha Theta, garden club, soccer , and football . Fiander has most enjoyed the opportunities where she made new friends,”Being a part of the sports team I’ve made some really great friendships,” Fiander.

cruz

Simone Cruz has been involved in step team, Madrigals, women’s swim team, jazz band, marching band, drumline, and forensics. Cruz remembers a memory from her first football game of freshmen year, “I knocked all the drums over in the stands, it was pretty funny.”

self

Erica Self has been involved in women’s soccer, volleyball team, cross country, power lifting, Mu Alpha Theta, Student Government, NHS, and NEHS. Winning regionals with the soccer team last year was Self’s best memory at the school.

thomas

Corey Thomas has been involved in football, baseball, and track. Thomas’s his favorite memory is right after he wins a game with the football team, “Coming back and having fun with my friends in the locker room.”

nwakpuda

Obi Nwakpuda has been involved in Orchestra, track, men’s soccer, Student Government and Madrigals. “Running in the halls fills my spirit with Trojan pride, as cliche as that sounds it really does,” Nwakpuda says about his best memory at the school.

holloman

Hunter Holloman has been involved in football, basketball, track, Student Government, Mu Alpha Theta, NEHS, and NHS. Holloman enjoyed playing sports the most and plans on joining the Navy after high school.

gallegos

Esai Gallegos has been involved in Student Government, wrestling, Mu Alpha Theta, link crew, and football. “Wrestling at state was the best experience and it was fun to represent Topeka High,” said Gallegos.

zhang

Benjamin Zhang has been involved in debate, forensics, NEHS, NHS, SRO and band. Benjy isn’t sure where he wants to go to college after high yet but he wants to major in international studies or engineering.