New tardy policy is not fair to students

The new tardy policy is not something I believe any student seen coming- being put on a list to where you are isolated from being able to do what you were already told you could do. With this new policy I think you will start to see more people choosing to skip class because they’re late. You’re going to start to see student’s grades dropping because they don’t feel the need to go to class because they weren’t on time.

What really should matter is that the student showed up. Being put on a list saying, that since you were late by three seconds 6 days in a row, you no longer have the privilege to go anywhere any longer for three weeks straight.

Since there are new rules being made, and we as students can’t change them, I think the rules should stay the same- where you take away two passes. Or find a different alternative. Three weeks with no privileges whatsoever seems a little overboard. One thing I suggest is to ask students what they think about the problems occurring. The students, we’re the heart of this school, and our voices aren’t being heard. Maybe that’s the issue.

Yes being late in the real world can get you fired, but we’re still learning. Let’s say I come to class unprepared, because I wasn’t prepared I get in trouble. But If I was at my locker, in the restroom, or at my previous class late to get what I need to be successful in my class without minor distractions, why should I be in trouble for that?

Students have a lot of duties and responsibilities, and every single one of their seven teachers expects them to do everything correctly. Being on time is essential of course, and our education is needed to succeed. Taking away one of the limited things we have as in restroom passes, or passes at all, isn’t go to solve the problem. It’s going to make it worse. Students are going to stop caring, and give up on something that’s essential for living. I honestly don’t believe this was the right call.